St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Support of Friends and Family.....Essential!

I realize that losing weight and becoming fit is a very personal thing....and some people choose to approach it that way.  However, for me, having the support of friends and family has been in the past and is now my lifeline.  And if you know me, that is true of all things with me.  I am just not the kind of person to work through issues in my head. They must be verbalized in some manner (chatted, cried, screamed, but mostly whined). Of course airing your dirty size 14 laundry is not always the best idea....but it is who I am, for better or worse.

It has been my experience, that positive comments and encouragement do in fact pop into my brain when I am ready to slow down the treadmill, lessen the resistance on machines, or stop midway through run. Even when I am ready to dive face first into a bag of Doritos or circus peanuts....there are voices of those who believe in me and voices who inspire me.....like Patience (Fitness and Nutrition Guru), Dora (#1 Cheerleader, Sounding Board, and Fellow Emotional Eater), Geannie (Legendary Work-out Machine and Mother of Guru), Mama (Dowager Duchess of "All My Girls are B.E.A.U.T.F.U.L.!"), and there are others....  My Life's V.I.P.s who log onto my silly little blog to say wonderful stuff, Tiffany who brings me water every time she gets herself some from the lunchroom, Melinda who has never stopped believing in me, my kids who say they are proud of me, "Thomas" a.k.a. Kristen who inspires me, and of course..... my Willy who looks at me with soft eyes no matter my weight and makes me feel like I'm still the girl he married 10 years ago.

So for those of you who suffer in silence....I say holler it all from the driveway (cause there are no mountaintops around here) and rally support, all the while disregarding all  negative thoughts and people.

 

4 comments: