St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Sunday, January 10, 2010

Day 1 - Amazing

I feel amazing here at the end of my first day!

Ate 1550 calories, exercised, feel great...but, that is normal for me.  Days 4, 10, 20...those are the hard ones. 

Epiphany - 1 whole cup of carrots only has 55 calories...wow. 

Spark People is tedious at first, but I really like it.  Specifically, I like how you can make a food group (meal) and save it.  For instance, today we had roast at lunch.  I broke the meal down into all of the components and made a food group.  So next time I cook it, I can just click to add that food group to my daily food diary.  Easy.  Also did it for the tacos I ate tonight.

I really think the reason I feel so well, is that I didn't change anything extreme, just minded my calories (portions).  And I was also very careful to incorporate more healthy fruits, veggies, nuts, and fats. 

William struggled a little today emotionally..he was kind of blue when he realized what the size of a healthy portion really looks like.  But, he's a trooper.  Isabelle was fine all day! And of course Ramsey didn't even notice the changes.

So good day.  Thank you God.    We did in fact pray at each meal for God's help in our healthy life endeavors. 

2 comments:

  1. Go Family! You will do great...because you have the best support team ever.! Each other. And what about a watch dog group at your own table...Man. I need that. Anyhoo...stay strong. I ate out for lunch at Texas Roadhouse...no bread and butter..boo hoo...no sweet tea...I had a salad and a few peanuts...exercised walking/jog...and I was so exhilerated that I am now on a roll.....Rollllll Heather!

    ReplyDelete