St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Diet Plan

William and I have decided that we are not going to buy into any particular diet plan (Weight Watchers, Nutrisystem, etc).  Tell us what you think about our plan.
We are going to use Sparkpeople.com to log our daily calories.  That's all.  Nothing fancy, but we want to do something that we can use for the whole family and that will relevant to the children forever.  In other words we want to teach them about calories, fat content, fiber, protein, portion sizes, ...rather than "points" ...

So, we will be getting our Spark People account ready (FREEEEE!) and begin the diet Sunday.

Oh...and even better news....rock star personal trainer called back! We are working-out the details.  And William is thinking of doing P90X at home. 

For tonight only, Roll Tide!!!

4 comments:

  1. That sounds fun...accountability for the whole family, and teaching all a healthier lifestyle. Great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds good...simple and something you can stick with long-term. I really liked Spark People when I used it. Let me know how P90x is.

    I've started my own diet today...right now is my hard time!!!

    We Can dooo itttt!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I checked out Spark People too! Seems super cool. Remember this is how you lost it before... that should be very motivating. Tracking those calories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think you're on the right track Heather. Nothing beats going to the gym and working out. Tammy and the kids bought me the Black Eye Peas CD for Christmas so I've downloaded the CD to my IPOD and the first five songs have an excellent beat to workout to. I used the Nutri-system for Men a couple years ago and lost 10 pounds in 6 months without working out so if you combine your workout with Nutri-System you should see the pounds drop off. The key is staying away from all the tempting snacks/treats/junk food. I'm one week into my workout program and feeling better. Stay motivated and stick to your program. No Excuses allowed!!!!

    I love you!!!

    David

    ReplyDelete