St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Friday, January 15, 2010

More than just a personal trainer.......

So, I went to see Anna the trainer today for my consultation (sat on the couch and got to know each other a bit, both wrote down our training dates for the next six weeks, covered my history/concerns, talked about nutrition, etc.) and....I am so impressed! This gal's got a laundry list of credentials.  She has a Masters degree in fitness and kinesiology (which she got after she earned a Masters in accounting and decided it wasn't for her!)  In short, I was really impressed with her positive attitude, her passion for what she does, and just how seriously she takes personal training. 

I'm even more excited about next Tuesday when she does the one hour fitness assessment.  It is how she collects baseline data in five different areas:
  1. Body Composition - Body Fat Assessment, Circumference measurements
  2. Cardio Endurance - 3 minute step test
  3. Strength Endurance - How many push-ups in 1 minute? and sit-ups in 1 minute?
  4. Strength Maximum - weight max for all large muscle groups
  5. Flexibility
Anna was also excited to know that I am already keeping an online food diary with Spark People, because it is something she asks her clients to do. She took the first six days home to look over and make comments.
So our plan is three 30 minute sessions on Mondays, Tuesdays, and Fridays...which will include strength and cardio.  She asked me to commit to two 30 minute sessions on my own every week, too...which I plan to do on the weekends. 

So, my plan is coming together!

By-the-way....it is the end of day 6 and I'm still feeling strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment