St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Monday, March 29, 2010

Thanks Patience (my niece, not the virtue)

Last week, I was feeling angry.  My anger was not directed at any person, really...just  circumstances in general.  But, the resentement overflowed when I received what was meant to be encouraging words about my fitness goals.  The words were..."You just have to want it."  And it made me angry, because I don't think anyone could want it anymore than I do.  But, it mainly made me angry, because I am so overwhelmed with life.

So, I vented this all to Patience, and she reminded me of this: When I first decided to start exercising again, I told myself that I was only going to do three days a week...so as not to overburden myself, in my already cumbersome schedule.  Fitness was going to have to be an outlet for me......a way to give a gift back to myself. And I knew this going in...but , I got excited...lost some weight and started setting bigger more unreasonable goals. 

And Patience reminded me that I am working my self to death...that I have to have balance...and that balance may include three days of exercise and on the other end of the scale some emotional eating and downtime. 

So, thank you Patience for reminding me to cut myself some slack...for reminding me of my original goals....and for never judging me.

1 comment:

  1. Aww.. thanks Hedge! You have been that listening ear for me SO many times! And you constantly have to remind me that I am not crazy, I am human and normal. So all of that "back at ya" like Ellen D. says. Love you and supporting you all the way to find that happy balance in your life :)

    ReplyDelete