St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Hurts so good...(like John Don't Call Me Cougar Mellencamp)

Anna worked my booty out yesterday.  So today, when I had to squat down to tie yet another shoe at work, I moaned and groaned as my legs tightened and burned.  But, oh how I love to exercise. 

When I arrived at the gym yesterday, I was tired, grumpy, and reluctant to get going.  My glands were swollen,  had a throbbing fever blister, and was self-concious of my glaring white legs (and the jelly on the backs and fronts of my thighs). 

But, after jumping jacks, squats, and jumping rope...I began to get a little looser and felt the tension begin to ease.  I was very distracted by what was going on with my children (worried about them in the childcare room)...but, I still felt the endorphin rush brought-on by my raised heart rate. 

This working-out thing is for me.  Because I so enjoy it.  My question is: If I love it so much, why is it a struggle to get going the next day?  Why do I have to talk myself into it so often?  Why don't I feel just as excited to walk into the gym as I feel to walk into the Peach Pit for a double order of corn nuggets (mana from heaven)?

3 comments:

  1. Jumping jacks, squat, and jumping rope...not to mention treadmill, crunches, and push ups...are HARD! Munching corn nuggets...EASY! Congrats for doing the hard work. And kudos to you for rocking the white-leg look! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Jami! Working out is hard work, but afterward you feel really good about doing it. Corn nuggets taste good in the moment, but leave you feeling gross and guilty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Corn nuggets are the devil!!!

    ReplyDelete