St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Monday, March 15, 2010

Giving-in Ain't All That Good

This weekend, I gave in to all my cravings and desires.  It had been a tough week, I deserved it! (right?)

So, I didn't cook.  We ate-out...a bunch...a bunch of bad places....a bunch of bad places I love. Can you say sweet tea? buffalo tenders? fries? corn nuggets? home fries? pancakes? regular Dr. Pepper? 

At home, I ate some more....break-and-bake chocolate chip cookies, Chester's Hot Fries, fudge ice cream bars, Butterfinger, Cap' Peanut Butter Crunch, .....sweet tea.

I was lazy.  No exercise....washed the laundry, but didn't bother folding it and putting it away.  Read a whole book.  Watched a lot of t.v.... a lot of nothing... a lot of why do I waste my time watching this crap.

What was I feeling as went through the weekend? Giving-in ain't making me feel all that good. 

3 comments:

  1. Ah, the "Giving-In Guilt." It is my friend. We hang out after dinner when I've let Anna slide by without eating anything nutritious.

    Anyway, don't be too hard on yourself. I still think you're great! Do better this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's right, Heather. Everyone goes through these moments. The biggest problem I have with it is if you let it win! It's a new week...the weekend is gone. You can either: a) keep on giving in and throw away all you've accomplished already (which is a lot to give up might I add), or b) get off of it, realize you're human (we all make choices, good and not so good), and put your "big girl britches" on and motivate yourself to push past this. Don't give up. You're going to have hard times. I wouldn't call it a lifestyle if you could just pull it out whenever you wanted. You've got to want IT for IT to happen! Keep on, girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Get your cammo on, sneak up on all that junk and kidnap it....proceed to garbage can...dump....don't buy. If it's in the house, I will eat it. Something that's helped me is keeping fruit or a pack of snack crackers in my bag. That way I always have something I like nearby in the car and don't get so hungry that I want to go out to eat.

    but don't let it get you. You've gotten a great start and have done wonderful with exercise and all. Just start again!

    YOU CAN DOO ITTT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete