St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

It's a New Day

Thanks for all the positive feedback.  I think the main message from yall, is that today is a new day. And I truly do believe in that.  Patience and I have talked so many times about the ups and downs of the journey towards healthy living, and we both agree in the end that no matter what, we will never give-up. 

What I have come to see through my life and the many people I have been friends and coworkers with, is that when it comes to fitness and health, we are all so very different.  HOWEVER...there is one theme that is undeniable, and makes me so aware that everything we read in books and magazines, and what we watch on television, about healthy living is TRUE.  My friends that are fit and healthy lead  healthy lifestyles.  Being thin, looking good,  and possessing a strong self-image is never an accident.  These friends of mine do all those things well that I struggle with....drink a lot of water, make good food choices, refrain from emotional eating, are cognizant of their bodies' need for sleep/rest, and do not overload themselves with stressful comittments. [ This is not to say they don't have their own ups and downs with fitness and exercise, but they work everyday to conquer those hurdles].

So, I don't go around hating folks that look great.  I do not say: She has a fast metabolism; She has more time than me to focus on her health; She starves herself; She has good genes; I was never meant to be that thin;  If I could afford a personal trainer I could be thin; If I had enough money to buy fancy food I could be thin.........all of these are excuses...excuses that I hear all of the time.  And we ALL know they are excuses. 

What it all comes down to is me: me and the choices I make.  And the fact of the matter is, sometimes I make bad choices.  And that's o.k.  But, I have to own that, and not blame it on anything.  So, I don't. 

I make great choices sometimes and brag about them and feel good.  I make bad choices sometimes and confess them and still feel pretty good.  All because I have family and friends that love me, and that I love back so much!

3 comments:

  1. I love this post! It was something that I really needed to hear myself. I have guilt hanging over me as well for my REALLY bad eating weekend too. Hop back on the train with me. I was thinking last night about talking to you about a 2 week challenge. I feel like I am needing a boost/ motivation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here here, Heather!! Rah, rah, rah! Just remember, no one (not even me) can make you do it...it's completely a personal decision. I, along with your family and friends, are here for you the whole way...not just part of it, all of it! Keep on trucking...know there are going to be bumps, know that you will have bruises (metaphorically speaking, haha), and know that it's going to be tough sometimes (not always), but as long as you can dust it off and get back up, you will adapt and succeed! Hang in there sista! We're all in the same boat called LIFE!

    ReplyDelete