St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Monday, February 1, 2010

Why I think I lost so little Week 3

So, I can't pretend that this week's .6 pound weight loss was a huge shocker.  I did keep my average calories where they need to be, drank more water than normal, and most importantly had five vigorous workouts.  BUT....the foods I ate were not healthy.  Last week I included some of my old comfort foods like Doritos, Snickers, sweet drinks, lots more carbs,etc.  For some meals, I would skip a healthy meal and just eat my calories in junk food.  I know from past experience, that I can't justify eating unhealthy foods just because I am exercising. Now I know that I can't replace good calories with bad calories (even if I am staying in my daily calorie range).  

This past weekend was not good either.  I hit a wall physically and mentally; not so much because of food...more like one of my "emotional basketcase" weekends.  It was totally a time that I needed the ability to crawl in my cave (my bedroom) with a good book, good movies, the remote, and just have some alone time.  But, alas..that is not the way of the mom/wife world....had to go with the flow...and the flow was clogged up by a few disappointments.  At some point, I wish God would help me shrug my shoulders more often at things that hurt my feelings...rather than internalizing the hurt in such a way that causes me to feel those feelings so intensely.

So, today (unlike Sunday when I had cake, icecream, Cracker Barrel, no bakes, etc)  I had a good healthy day....my regular Carnation breakfast, Digiorno 200 cal pizz/orange for lunch, and a healthy well-rounded supper.  William grilled steaks, potatoes, steamed broccoli, and made a salad.  I love this man (even though he lies about reading my blog....jack leg). 

1 comment:

  1. Heather,
    Life sucks sometimes don't it....I wish I could give you a big hug and a blankey to snuggle in for a while....I know how you feel about the comfort food....it is the bomb...but a reverse one. Stay on track...you are doing great.! I wish I could still work out that hard....Go Girlfriend!

    ReplyDelete