St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Friday, February 19, 2010

Back on Track

Today was a good day.  I wasn't perfect, and didn't log my calories....but I didn't just throw myself under the bus either.
Today when I met with Anna, I asked her if we could skip the work-out for a "talk" session to help me refocus...and I am so glad we did!  She reassured me and helped me set some new short-term goals that I feel excited about.
New Goals:
  1.  Change calorie range to 1400- 1600 (really shooting for 1400 daily)
  2.  Disperse my calories differently (breakfast 400, lunch 300, supper 400, snacks 300)
  3.   Lose 5 pounds in the next four weeks
  4.  She's weighing me tomorrow morning, and I'm not going to weigh again for four weeks (because I've been obsessing a little about the scale).
  5.   Start Anna's running class on Monday nights (gradually increasing run/walk flat 5k)
  6.   Try to get most of my calories from healthy foods (with fewer treats)
So tomorrow morning I am going to Zumba at 8:30 and off to St. Simons for two days and one night with my family.  Can I eat well? Yes I can.

2 comments:

  1. Those sound like some great goals, ones that I need to set for myself as well. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get down on yourself for messing up a little. How many diets have been stopped because of only a few days of mistakes. We're not perfect all the time, just most of the time...right? I know you can do it and i love that you took a session to talk with your trainer..it obviously made a difference for you!! YOU CAN DOOO IIITTTT!!!

    ReplyDelete