St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Thursday, February 4, 2010

Seattle Bound

Next Wednesday night I am Seattle bound to see my big brother David and his family....it's been a few years. Can't wait, but dread packing.  How do you pack a carry-on for a four-day trip to somewhere really cold, while packing all your cool shoes? 
So, I have lost almost nine pounds as of this past Sunday. This coming Sunday I hope to pull a good number on the scale....helping me to fit into my favorite jeans from last fall.   
I'm still feeling good about how I am going about this weight loss thing.  I have stumbled along the way, but not completely fell off at any point.  And certainly, I have learned some lessons:
-junk doesn't cut it
-32 oz of water a day is about my limit
-exercise makes me feel like superwoman (how do I always forget that?)
-need more protein earlier in the day (you are right Patience)
-sleep better when eating right/exercising
-eating at home tastes better than eating out (most of the time)

Thanks again for reading my blog and giving me so much feedback, Geannie, Patience, Dora, Jami, Tiffany, etc.  (Notice William's name is NOT listed!)

3 comments:

  1. Meant to tell you I loved your last post!!! It really sums it up sometimes...but look at what you've done so far!! Seattle-bound and lookin like a hot mama!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heather,
    I am so proud for you!!!!!!Weight loss like that.........and I am excited for you going to see David....Wow.You can give him the hugs and kisses that I want.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, stumbling happens. I'm proud of you for sticking with it!

    ReplyDelete