St. Simons Beach

About Me

Georgia, United States
Every morning I wake-up, shake the fuzz out of my brain, and hit the ground running. I want to be more laid back and go with the flow (and some days I am that person). But all the other days I am hustling Ramsey and Isabelle (my kids) through life, alternating between adoring William (my husband) and wanting to give him a light pop upside his head, teaching kids with special needs, and tending to Cotton and Jack (the dadgum dogs).

Thursday, June 10, 2010

H is for Hydrangeas


















Without a doubt, my favorite time of year is when the hydrangeas have bloomed....not only do they make me feel good just looking at them....it means it summer!  Hot! Sticky! Sunny! Sweaty! Humid! Tan! Icees! Pool! Beach! Cold Beer! Sumer Music! No School! Sleep Late! SUUUUUUMMMMEEERR!  Not to mention late night runs....hot pavement smells, car lights, iPod blasting, toxins pouring out covering me with salty slick sweat....then- whoosh into the pool...aaaahhhh.

Speaking of hydrangeas....I can't grow em.....but here are some pictures of the ones in my neighborhood. (Blue is still my favorite.)  They sorta take my breath away.




On my table at home......oh, how pretty.

4 comments:

  1. For me, it's always been the azaleas...that first blush of color after the long, gray winter. They say, hang in there! Summer's coming! (It's obvious, I know, but I just can't help myself.)

    My mom has a rogue hydrangea this year. A whole line of nice, orderly beautiful French blues and then this one pinky-purpley renegade right in the middle. Makes me smile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah..the azaleas are great too! Your mom has a great yard in general...still think about her grape vines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the pic of the ones on your table...I need to grow some b/c i love them too.

    ReplyDelete